Windows mobile motion detection demo

Jan 15, 2008 at 11:46 PM
Here's the windows mobile motion detection application used in the MEDC 2007 camera presentation.

The motion detection algorithm is naive, it's just doing a diff between the current sample frame and the next and triggering an DirectShow event to the application if the diff goes higher than a hardcoded value. This demo is not a prime example of how to do motion detection, image analysis, etc.

This demo is useful as an example of configuring and building a DirectShow graph on Windows Mobile, creating custom DirectShow filters, and DirectShow filter communication to an application.

Right now the app doesn't have a Visual studio project for building, it's set up for building in the Windows CE build system. Getting it building under Visual Studio should be relativly painless. The linker dependencies you'll need to set in VS are in the sources.ce file. I'll try to post a VS project for this in the next few weeks.

Have Fun!
Jul 8, 2008 at 3:56 PM
This is great! Could you post a working Visual Studio project? I really have some challenges getting it to work under windows mobile 6.
Dec 17, 2008 at 5:08 PM
Edited Jan 7, 2009 at 12:17 PM
Hello
I have a very similar problem, but I can not compile this project.
Could anyone give me an advise what I do exactly need for compiling of this project.
Can maybe anyone give a step by step instruction ?
I suppose that some files are absent for example makefile.def, whice get
referenced by the makefile. I'm really newbie in this, and would really appreciate any help.
Thanks a lot.
May 5, 2009 at 10:37 AM
Hy
can you post the VS projector?